My 40 before 40 list
Today I’ve got something a little bit different rather than just my regular Sunday week in pictures post.
I’ve been toying with the idea of adding this new feature to the blog now for a couple of years, and I could never find the right moment…..well I have decided this is it!
Why is it the right moment you ask?
Well, I’ve had a tough couple of weeks, a really difficult couple of weeks in fact. A very dear family friend pass away last week at only the age of 42….I mean 42!!!!! How? Seriously, how does that happen? If the truth be told I’m still struggling a wee bit to grasp how it’s happened, and definitely a little in shock still nearly two weeks later.
It has left me not only incredibly sad and upset but also feeling a bit hollow inside, and with a renewed sense of awe at how fragile and fleeting life can be.
Which leads me into the feature that I have toying with for quite some time – I’m introducing a 40 before 40 list. I want to stop putting the little things I want to learn and do off until a better time…because guess what, there is very rarely a ‘better time’.
So the list! Originally when I had planned to do this list I wanted to make it all food related to tie in with GFG, but now I’ve decided I don’t want to limit it. Granted a lot of my list is food related (obvs!), but there are a few other things that I wanted to add just because I had been meaning to do them for ages. So I hope on occasion you will allow me a little deviation from my very food based blog to randomly post about something else?? 😛
My 40 before 40 list is 100% achievable, I’ve not gone mental – no trips of a lifetime, or swimming with sharks, or insane expensive goals. In fact, because I wanted to create a list full of little goals that I have been meaning to do for ages, I think quite a lot of my list can be done at home.
So you wanna take a little peek at my 40 before 40 list?
- Learn to like whisky
- Make pasta from scratch
- Have a grown up dinner party with a private chef
- Cook every recipe in a cookbook – still to be chosen
- Eat at a Chef’s Table
- Do a cooking class
- Make a pizza from scratch
- Create the perfect Mac & Cheese recipe
- Eat at The Kitchen
- Stay at the Balmoral and eat at Number One
- Make Churros
- Make Bagels
- Make Ice Cream
- Make the best fried chicken
- Complete my hot 100 list….and another 100 list
- Stay at Gleneagles and eat at Andrew Fairlies
- Afternoon tea at Cromlix house
- Learn how to make my Dad’s tablet recipe
- Learn to knit
- Read 250 books
- Watch every best picture Oscar winner (except scary ones)
- Buy a Louis Vuitton bag – it was the first designer bag I ever wanted age 15 and I still don’t own one.
- Try a new sport or workout
- Donate blood – why have I never done this before?
- Commit to staying off social media for 1 weekend a month
- Plan a kick ass 40th Birthday Party
- Go to the Ballet
- Do a yoga class
- Start a Christmas eve tradition
- Do something that I am scared of
- Visit Edinburgh Castle – Shocking that I have never been
- Do a barista course to learn how to make the perfect latte
- Lose weight ( I know! I know! snooze!)
- Use the Personal Shopper service in Frasers to update my wardrobe
- Learn how to play poker
- Do something for charity
- Do my family tree
- Go to an awards ceremony
- Master making at least 1 classic cocktail
- Have my picture taken with George Calombaris and Gary Mehigan from Masterchef Australia – it’s good to have at least 1 unrealistic goal.
From today the 23rd October 2016 I have 42 months / 184 weeks / 1288 days or 30936 hours to complete my 40 before 40 list, I think it’s easily achievable and I hope lots of fun.